As the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) spreads, our federal, state, and local governments are responding to help businesses weather the storm. We will share tax news related to the outbreak.
New York Department of Taxation and Finance
Dear Employers and Business Owners:
Governor Cuomo has signed legislation to provide immediate assistance to New Yorkers affected by COVID-19. This will assist New Yorkers who have been subject to a mandatory or precautionary quarantine order and minimize the hardship they are experiencing through no fault of their own.
Under the new law, workers are guaranteed job protection and financial compensation while they, or their minor dependent child, are under an order of mandatory or precautionary quarantine or isolation due to COVID-19. The provisions of the quarantine legislation take effect immediately.
To help you understand the scope of your responsibilities, and assist you with this transition, guidance materials are available at paidfamilyleave.ny.gov/covid19
There you will find:
- A detailed overview of the benefits, including guidance for employers
- Downloadable fact sheets for both employers and employees
- COVID-19 Paid Family Leave/disability benefits request forms for your employees
- Guidance for obtaining the precautionary or mandatory quarantine or isolation order that employees are required to submit to the insurance carrier as part of their request
- Frequently asked questions
If you have questions, we are here to help. Call the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Paid Leave Hotline: (844) 337-6303.
Link to article: